Saturday, June 20, 2009

Froggy Potty

Earlier this week I was in Target. I was wandering down the baby aisles as I often do and I ran across the froggy potty. It was on clearance and so I thought what the heck I'll give it a try. Previously, I purchased one of those potty seats that goes on the potty and I have been periodically sitting SG on that before her bath. I know she is only 14 months old but I don't see the harm in introducing her to the potty and letting her become one with the potty !!!!

I have many a friend who have told me their arguments for and against these cute little potties that sit on the bathroom floor but I was just curious to see if she would have any interest in it at all. Guess what ?? She loves this thing. We have had it for less then a week and when I say "Sarah-Grace do you want to go sit on the big girl potty?"....she goes running to the bathroom door and waits for me to sit her on the potty. She has not done anything significant in there except for one time and boy did we do a potty dance !!!!

I am ecstatic that she loves the froggy potty and I am hoping that big and grand things come out of her relationship with it !!! Now, if I could only get her to stop trying to stand in it.

On the gymnastics front, Sarah-Grace and I went to some friends house for dinner tonight. She was entertaining everyone as she often does and she kept trying to do a forward roll. Just within the last couple of weeks or so, she will often stop what she is doing and attempt to do a forward roll at home because this is one of the main things they teach in our parent/tot gym class.

After a few tries tonight with me helping her, she did one all on her own. Then, she did another one !!! Yipppeeee, the class is paying off. Now, if I could only get her to stop climbing on everything, the couch, the chair, the ottoman...I even saw her try to climb in the bathtub on her own. I will say that I think gym class is only encouraging this habit. One time today when she climbed on the couch, I asked her (as if she understood me) "Can you show me how to get down?" Her response was to put her head and hands down as if she was going to do a forward roll off the couch. Uh, maybe we should stop going to gymnastics !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment