Monday, June 29, 2009

Cape Fear Botanical Garden !

SG and I went to the Cape Fear Botanical Garden today and man was it hot ! We even went early but that didn't help a whole lot. Anyway, the gardens are very nice and there is even a nice walk along the Cape Fear River. I chose not to go down that path by myself however because it is kind of creepy. It is very shady and there was no one else at the garden today other then us and one other couple. I am guessing the "others" were smart and chose to stay inside !

At any rate, it was a fun place to explore and I am definitely looking forward to going back when it gets a little bit cooler. There is a children's garden with tee pees and lots of sand and sand toys to play with. The little miss was very excited about this part. I did learn something, however. Note to self: Stop at the children's garden on the way out and not half way through. I had to pick her up and make sure the children's garden was out of sight before I could put her back into the stroller without a fuss !!! Lesson learned...hey I'm still new at this !!

No comments:

Post a Comment